I am very happy for card makers to use my designs and Tutorials for there own personal use, I give permission to other teachers who have attended my classes to use my Tutorials. but would appreciate a credit to the design and instructions.

please get in touch if you would like more information.

Many thanks

Happy Crafting Yvonne xx

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tutorial for ruffled ribbon

To add a gathered ribbon to a lace panel


 Take about 1 1/2 meters of organza ribbon, leave about a 2 inch piece of ribbon at one end to stick to the back of your card, start stitching loosely through the centre of the ribbon
Pulling the thread to gather the ribbon as you go along.

Secure the 2inch piece to the back of the card

Turn card facing you

And start to stick the gathered ribbon to the 
Hi-tac tape as you stitch,
keep stitching the ribbon and pulling the thread to gather it up, sticking it to the tape as you go along,

When you get to the other end secure the end of the ribbon to the back of the card, give the end a few extra stitches to secure the gather.


4 comments:

  1. This was exactly what I wanted to know today. thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. I have it now! Thanks! Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. if I can share something crafty, it make running the blog worth while, if you need help please just ask
    happy crafting
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a post, I really appreciated you taking the time.
Happy crafting Yvonne