I am very happy for card makers to use my designs and Tutorials for there own personal use, I give permission to other teachers who have attended my classes to use my Tutorials. but would appreciate a credit to the design and instructions.

please get in touch if you would like more information.

Many thanks

Happy Crafting Yvonne xx

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vintage Bow Tutorial


Instructions for Vintage style bow
You will need 4 strips of ribbon for this bow
1x 8 inch
1x 6 inch
1x 6 inch
and a slightly narrower 25mm 1 x 10inches
I have used 40mm width


take the 8inch strip and form a circle, over lapping the two ends
Squeeze flat

take the 6inch strip and form a circle, over lapping the two ends
sit this centrally on top of first circle

and squeeze flat

take the 2nd 6 inch strip and place it behind the 2 flat circles

Gather and pinch the middle

take some fine florist wire and wrap around the centre

twisting the wire at the back to secure, snip the excess wire, leaving a small amount, which you flatten

Cut a v shape notch off the 2 end tails, to make the bow as in picture below


Fold the last narrow strip of ribbon, and use it to hide the wire in the middle, and tie the bow together.

Cut 2 V shaped notches from tails to make the bow look neater
stick to projects with a  hot glue gun.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! This is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladies had wrong measurements cm's instead of inches, so have changed it, let me know how you get on
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, "when all else fails read the instructions", which are so simple to follow and I could have saved myself a great deal of time and hassle. Now I have perfect bows. Thanks, Aiveen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks to your instructions, we (Aileen and I) succeeded in making two vintage and two four-bow ribbons! It is now 1:11 in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again, Yvonne! Aileen was here at 8am to double-check!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Yvonne I have finally mastered them

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a post, I really appreciated you taking the time.
Happy crafting Yvonne