I am very happy for card makers to use my designs and Tutorials for there own personal use, I give permission to other teachers who have attended my classes to use my Tutorials. but would appreciate a credit to the design and instructions.

please get in touch if you would like more information.

Many thanks

Happy Crafting Yvonne xx

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Twin Twisted Easel Card Tutorial

Hi Everyone looking in,

This is my first Picture Tutorial
As the First Holy Communion seasons starts soon, I thought I would do a Split Double Easel card
Marie from the club brought a template for this card to my class last week, and I managed to see it demonstrated on Create and Craft on Thursday, so here is my version I hope you enjoy it, any questions please email me


Photobucket

1. Cut a Sheet of A4 Card to 20cm by 20cm

2. Score the Card in Half, and fold
3. Cut the top section in half, giving you 2 equal squares 10cm by 10cm


Photobucket

4. Using your score board, Start at the right hand top corner of the right side and score down to the bottom left hand corner. giving you a diagonal score line.


Photobucket

5. Repeat this, but in the opposite direction, on the left hand side of the easel.


Photobucket
6. Fold both score lines, and give them a nice tight crease with your bone folder.
7. Stick double sides tape on both of the inside triangles.

Photobucket
8. Cut 2 Panels 10cm by 10 cm


Photobucket
8B. And stick to the Triangles

Photobucket
9. Now Start to decorate the easels

I cut 2 silver Squares 9 1/2 cm by 9 1/2 cm and 2 Gingham Squares 8 1/2 cm by 8 1/2 cm
and layered them up.


9 B. I Cut a Silver panel 20cm by 10cm and a Patterned Paper 19 1/2 cm by 9 1/2 cm and Stuck these to the floor of the easel.


Photobucket

I then made an easel rest, by sticking 2 silver strips back to back, (to make the easel stronger) Punched a Strip of white card, and added a strip of gingham, I finished it off with peel-offs, and raised it on foam pads, sticking it about a 1/2 cm from the bottom of the card to form the rest.


Photobucket

I cut out an oval first holy communion image, and using a deckle scissors I matted and layered it on to pink and then silver card. and stuck it to the left easel raised on foam pads

I then typed out (Especially for you on your First Holy Communion Day), and mounted it on pink and silver card, using my deckle scissors to match the image, I stuck a lovely little chalice (which I got from An Siopi Bui) to the side of the words, and Lastly Decorated the Easel Rest with some die-cuts to act as the rests, added some pretty punched leaves and lovely Roses from (Wild Orchid Crafts)
You can make a greeting to sit on the floor of this card.
This is my completed design
I hope you enjoy it.

Yvonne

What I've used to make this card
1 x A4 Sheet of white card
1 x Sheet of Silver A4 Card
1 x A5 Sheet of pink card
Some waste  white card to make the easel rest
2 Different sheets of patterned paper
A Communion clip art image
Typed greeting
Punched leaves
2 x 35mm roses
communion embellishment
Glitter peel-off boarders
Martha Stewart Boarder Punch

Box measurements for this card
Because the card is quiet high when closed. (because of the flowers) you will need to make a box for it
1. Take a A4 sheet of card and score it on the 3rd line of the box maker side of a crafters companion score board, on all 4 sides, do this for the lid and base, you can cut a window in the lid and add some acetate to view the card in the box.

8 comments:

  1. Wow Yvonne, that is absolutely gorgeousssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Niamh, I love trying this design, and it was so easy, I spent the day yesterday making cards, and this card was made from the scrap left on the table,
    See you soon
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne I made one of these this evening and you will see it over on my blog, http://niamhsnookofinspiration.blogspot.com See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the card yvonne and very good instructions as usual

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare lovely to have you comment, start working on your blog, post up some pictures of the fantastic cards you make,

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice to be here, i also have the crafters companion and am not at all using it properly, glad that i found you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, easy to fallow instructions, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - would you mind telling me - when you put it in the box - do you put it down flat - if I did not want to put the roses on - how would I fold this card to send it please?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a post, I really appreciated you taking the time.
Happy crafting Yvonne